Baked Mocha Doughnuts
A deliciously baked coffee flavoured doughnut dipped in melted chocolate. These have got to be one of the best and sweetest ways to get your morning caffeine fix. Does it get any better than this?
Nope it doesn't, because the best thing about this recipe apart from the fact that it is vegan and so simple, easy and quick to make is that these doughnuts are baked not fried. Making them oil free, healthier, and a whole lot more wholesome than your standard doughnut.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup Vivo Life Ground Coffee (brewed black coffee)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Brew 1/4 cup of black coffee and leave to the side to cool.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then add in mashed banana, brewed coffee and plant milk. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the doughnut moulds filling them up 3/4 way full, allowing enough room to rise.
- Bake at 180C for 12 min.
- Leave to cool before removing out of moulds.
- Dunk the doughnuts in a melted chocolate if desired and enjoy.