Blueberry Chia Jam
Making your own healthy, homemade jams has never been easier or quicker. We guarantee that if you make this, you'll never go back to buying store-brought jam again!
This blueberry chia jam comes together in under 5 minutes, contains less than a handful of ingredients and taste delicious. Jams like this one are loaded with antioxidants and natural sweetness from the berries, in addition to all the healthy fats and omega 3's coming from the chia seeds making this super good for you.
The best part is that you can use this recipe as a base to create a raspberry chia jam, a blackberry jam or in fact any other jam you wish. You can even serve it as a compote straight after cooking it if you don't feel like leaving it in the fridge to thicken up!
Load it up on your oats, have it on toast, in yoghurt bowls or even on pancakes, the choice is yours. This is such a basic and simple yet incredibly satisfying recipe that you will instantly fall in love with.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Cook the frozen blueberries in a saucepan over a medium heat. Slowly mashing/crushing them up as you go, leaving a few chunks and bits in for extra texture.
- Add in the maple syrup and chia seeds, then cook and mix for a further minute or so until you get a nice runny consistency that you are happy with. If desired, add in a little lemon juice for extra tang, this will also help preserve the jam.
- Leave to chill in the in the fridge to thicken up before serving!