Caramelised Banana Oats
A breakfast of caramelised heaven! This “healthier” twist on the classic caramelised bananas is a delicious way to start the day. It doesn’t have to be on oats either, you can use caramelised bananas for anything!
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 15g pecans
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place oats in a saucepan with the water, set over medium-high heat and bring to a slight boil, watching carefully so that it doesn't boil over. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for a further 2 or so minutes until thick and consistent, stirring occasionally.
- Adding mashed banana, cacao nibs and pecans into the oats while cooking infuses it with flavour, but make sure to save some for toppings if you do.
- Heat the coconut oil, cinnamon and maple syrup in a pan on medium–high heat and mix together.
- Once the oil mixture is hot/dissolved and starts to bubble up a little, add in the sliced bananas and cook for 2 to 4 minutes. The thicker the better, as the thinner slices might start to fall apart.
- Once soften, browned and caramelised, you are ready to top and serve! Mmmmm!