Cashew & Avocado Pesto Pasta
This delicious cashew and avocado pesto pasta is bursting with flavour, has a lovely touch of zesty lemon and is super creamy thanks to the avocado and cashews.
The great thing about a pesto like this one is that if you fancy something filling, you can pair it with a pasta, and if you fancy something more on the lighter side, combine it with some zoodles or courgetti. Either way you have it, it's extremely tasty and nutritious!
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup cashew
- squeeze of lemon
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp help seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp water
- salt + black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta for required time.
- Blend all the pesto ingredients in a blender or processor until smooth and creamy and leave to the side.
- Once the pasta is cooked and ready, drain the pasta saving a 1-2 tbsp of pasta water, then in the same pan, mix in the pesto with the pasta water until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Sprinkle a little extra salt and black pepper before serving.