Crispy Baked Polenta Fries
Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and baked to absolute perfection, what more could you possibly want?
These baked polenta fries make for an amazing side dish to any main meal, especially when served with a delicious sauce or dip of your choice.
- 1 cup polenta
- 2.5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt/to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary) to taste
- olive oil
- Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium pot over high heat, add the water and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in the polenta and reduce the heat to low, whisking continuously for about 5 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the polenta is creamy.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and mixed herbs and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the polenta to the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula. Chill for at least 2-4 hours to set.
- Carefully flip the baking sheet onto a cutting board to release the polenta. Slice in half lengthwise, and then cut into equal sized fries.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F. Brush each fry generously with olive oil before placing them on the baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through and brushing the sides with a little more oil, until golden brown.
- Serve the fries with a delicious garlic and herb mayo style dip and enjoy!