Crispy Baked Tofu Bites
These crispy baked tofu bites coated in breadcrumbs and sesame seeds are absolute perfection.
It’s an easy to make, high protein dish that can be served as a side with a dip of your choice or into a main with noodles, salad or in fact, whatever you fancy.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 cup soya milk
- 1 tbsp soya sauce (optional)
- 1-2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Place the corn flour into a bowl. In another larger bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic & onion flakes. Then in another smaller bowl, mix the soy sauce & soya milk together.
- Coat a cube of tofu in corn flour, then dip it in the soy sauce/soy milk mix, then roll in the breadcrumb coating and place on a lined baking tray. Repeat steps until all cubes are done. Arrange all pieces so they are not touching. (Google wet-hand dry-hand method for less mess)
- Bake in the oven at 200C/400F for 30 min, until golden and crispy, flipping half way through. Let the tofu sit and cool for a few mins before serving.