Pecan Banana Bread
A healthier banana bread with no added sugar or oil, its soft, moist and insanely tasty, exactly the way it should be. This recipe makes for the perfect breakfast snack or treat! We also recommend you use the ripest bananas you have to get the most natural sweetness out of your loaf.
- 2 cups wholemeal flour (sieved)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 flax “eggs” (2 tbsp flaxseed : 4-6 tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and grease a baking loaf tin with some coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water. Set aside to thicken, this is your “egg”.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork until smooth, then stir in the applesauce, flax eggs and water and mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg to mix the dry ingredients together.
- Bring together the wet ingredients and the dry, and gently stir until well combined.
- Add in the pecans and mix further, then pour the mix into the prepared pan and bake for around 60 min, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooked, let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer the loaf and place on a cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.