Kalejunkie's Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
A life changing recipe indeed. Inspired, slightly adapted and "veganised" by the one and only cookie queen herself... KALEJUNKIE (@kalejunkie). You can find all her talented work and the original recipe by clicking HERE.
These Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies taste SENSATIONAL!!! They're everything a cookie should be, perfectly crispy on the outside, yet irresistibly soft, gooey and chewy on the inside. They taste like they should be bad for you, but are made with natural and wholesome ingredients, as always!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/4-1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 flax "eggs"
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pink himalayan salt
- dark chocolate chunks
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, tahini, agave nectar and chocolate chips. Mix everything well until moulded together, then place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. It may be tempting to skip this step but please don’t.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove bowl from the fridge, add in the flax eggs, pinch of salt and baking soda and mix together until fully combined.
- Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and form into cookie sized shapes. You should get around 8 or so depending on the size of your cookies.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on each one and bake for 10-12 minutes and let the cookies settle/cool down before eating. The key here is to slightly undercook them, so that they’re slightly crisp on the outside and super soft and chewy on the inside.
- Leave them to cool for 10 minutes or so to let them crisp up for the optimal cookie experience and enjoy!