Tahini Spaghetti "Carbonara"
A basic, easy and simple twist on the classic recipe that is a carbonara!
It's a creamy and cheesy pasta with a “parmesan” like texture, without any of the cream or cheese! The smoky red onion is a perfect replica for that pancetta or bacon which is used traditionally and the tahini makes for a wonderfully creamy and flavourful white sauce.
- 80g spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 red onion, seasoned with smoked paprika
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for required time.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the red onion into cubes, season it with some smoked paprika and fry it in a pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 min or until crispy.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta whilst leaving a tiny bit of pasta water in the pan. Then in the same pan, add in fried onion, crushed garlic, tahini, nutritional yeast and mix throughly.
- Season it with plenty of black pepper and a bit salt to bring up the flavour. Stir everything in a little further and get ready to serve!